Complete Skincare Routine For Women Over 40s
Wondering How To Get That Babyface In Your 40’s?
The 40’s glow is imperative. I once learned a few things from a Hollywood actor that remains unnamed. Here’s what she did to keep her 30 somethings babyface in her 50s! These are her answers to my questions…
What is Your At-Home Skincare Routine For Women Over 40s?
- T.L.C. Sukari Babyface by Drunk Elephant. This at-home peel really works! I notice an immediate glow to my skin and my makeup goes on nicely. I have done a lot of peels over the years, and this is the first at-home peel that even comes close.
- Cicapair by Dr. Jart.I adore most things by Dr. Jart, but this is my absolute favorite! I put it on after I moisturize and it evens out my skin tone. You can wear it alone as it gives skin a beautiful finish, or use it under foundation. It creates a perfect canvas. ALSO, SPF 30! Extremely important to protect your skin.
- Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector. One of my best friends introduced this product to me while we were at a trade show and both are suffering from lack of sleep and a bit too much bourbon. This product makes me look like I have slept a full 8 hours, gotten a massage, and done a juice cleanse! It works to brighten the eye area in a way nothing else I have used does. Put it on under your concealer. Magic.
What Should Women Over 40’s Do For a Self-care Routine?
- Talking on the phone with friends, NOT just texting. Seeing people in person is even better. So much time is spent on devices, and there is something very healthy-feeling about having a good conversation and laugh with a pal.
- Massage. When my brain won’t shut off, or I start to feel panic about this or that or all of it, I get a massage. It allows me to disconnect and be quiet. I find myself getting really good ideas and problem-solving during this time. I am not the kind of person who can relax comfortably and when it gets too much, massage helps me. Yoga too!
- Walks. Walking and trees and getting my bare feet on the grass just feels right and helps put things in perspective for me.